Transitional Care | Swing Bed
Transitional Care Questions: 712-754-5330
Hospital Main Phone: 712-754-2574
What is Transitional Care?
Transitional care is also commonly known as “Swing bed.”
Transitional care is support for patients recovering from an acute illness or surgery who no longer require acute hospital care but are not yet ready to go home.
- A personalized plan of care.
- Regular Care Team Rounds involving you and your family.
- Hospital level nurse staffing to keep you safe and meet your needs.
- Promotes a home-like environment accommodating family and individualized activity programs, as well as therapy in several environments.
- Our on-site physician, therapy, radiology, laboratory and pharmacy teams will address all your medical needs.
- Our Transitional care program, Allevant Solutions, was developed by Mayo Clinic and Select Medical.
Our team is especially equipped to meet the needs of even the most complex patients. We will work closely with your discharging acute care hospital to ensure a safe transition to our Transitional Care Program.
- After Complex Surgery Cardiac, neuro, orthopedic, abdominal and more
- Nursing Care and Coordination Management of complex plans and needs, assessment of progress, and high quality patient/family education
- Intravenous (I.V.) Antibiotics To treat a variety of infections
- Specialized Therapy Including physical, occupational, speech and respiratory, and an array of supportive services
We provide you with the highest quality care close to home.
Your swing bed stay is typically covered entirely by Medicare.