When diagnosing and treating health conditions, the laboratory is an invaluable part of the puzzle.
Our lab offers fast turnaround times for swift identification of health concerns and the most effective treatment for your specific situation. Among many available laboratory services, we provide:
- Microbiology – Tests to isolate infecting agents such as bacteria, fungus, molds, and parasites; exposes infectious agents to a variety of antibiotics to determine effective drugs for treatment
- Virology –Tests to identify viral infecting agents such as HIV, rabies, and viral meningitis
- Blood bank – Identifies blood types (ABO and Rh) and performs tests to determine compatibility of blood for transfusion
- Hematology – Examines blood and body fluid specimens to determine the type and number of blood cells (RBC, WBC and platelets); also determines ability of blood to clot
- Chemistry – Examines body fluid specimens for the body’s metabolic functions, disease markers, and drug monitoring.
- Serology – Tests blood specimens to detect exposure to infectious and disease processes such as hepatitis, syphilis, arthritis, lupus, and others
By maintaining the highest possible standards for testing and personal service, Osceola Regional Health Center ensures prompt delivery of information and the support you need for the best care.
ORHC Direct Labs
ORHC Direct Labs gives you access to affordable and confidential laboratory testing without a provider visit. All testing is done by our federally licensed, advanced laboratory. Direct Labs is a helpful tool to monitor certain ongoing risks or to check potential health risks. These tests should not be used to substitute regular provider visits.
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)* $15 – Determines general health status and aids in diagnosis of anemia, infection, and cancer.
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP)* $25 – Determines general health status, health of major organ systems, and electrolyte balance.
- General Wellness Screen* $50 – Determines general health status. Includes CBC, CMP, Lipid Panel and TSH.
- Glucose* $10 – Determines if your blood sugar is within a normal range aiding in the diagnosis of diabetes.
- Hemoglobin A1C* $25 – Determines the average amount of sugar in the blood over the last 2-3 months. Helps diagnose and monitor diabetes.
- Lipid Panel* $25 – Determines the level of fats in the blood to help assess your risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Thyroid (TSH)* $30 – Helps in the diagnosis and monitoring of thyroid disorders.
- Vitamin D (25, Hydroxy)* $50 – Determines the level of vitamin D in the blood. Vitamin D is important for skeletal health.
- Thyroid Panel* $45 – Helps in the diagnosis and monitoring of thyroid disorders. Includes TSH and Free T4.
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA)* $35 – A male screening test for prostate cancer.
- COVID-19 Antibody (IgG) $80 – Determines if the body has been exposed to COVID-19 antibodies.
*Fasting recommended 10 – 12 hours.
Direct Lab appointments are available by calling the ORHC scheduling department at 712-754-5304. Same-day appointments are available. Appointments are not available on weekends and holidays.
Payment to the Osceola Regional Health Center business office at the time of service is required. Medicare, Medicaid or insurance will not be billed.
Results can be obtained by accessing AveraChart online. If you are not signed up for AveraChart and require assistance, there are tablets available to do so at the admissions desk or in the laboratory. If you wish to sign up at home prior to your appointment please visit: www.averachart.org
Agar is the name for the traditionally orange/red gel used for growing bacteria in petri dishes.